Monday, February 28, 2011

That's My Sister!

Jonathan Deutsch is the younger brother of Hannah Deutsch, a current member of the Illinois State University gymnastics team. Most of the things I know about Jonathan come directly from Hannah; he’s from Texas, loves Texas sports, he currently attends Mizzou.
The only thing I ever thought about Jonathan was how obnoxious he was, although I do say that in the nicest way possible. Whenever Jonathan comes to a competition, Hannah does seem to do extraordinarily well. I’m not sure if it can be attributed to her brother or her whole family being there (because with one usually comes the other), but it may just be a fluke; Hannah is a very good gymnast even when no one is watching. Jonathan also has this interesting habit of yelling whenever Hannah finishes a routine, and not just something normal, “GOOD JOB HANNAH!” or anything like that. The kid yells, “THAT’S MY SISTER!” Cute at first, annoying next and finally, after reading the following blog post from him, I realized how incredibly proud he is of his older sister.
To be honest, I thought the kid was trying to embarrass her. Yeah, my brothers are proud of me, but if they ever did anything like that, it would strictly be to see my face turn red as soon as they did it. Sometimes I think they’re embarrassed of me; they’re at that annoying teenage age when they can’t even acknowledge me when they walk into the arena.
But, you read this blog, and it will just about move you to tears. That’s My Sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment